Les Reines - Queens Series: Marie Antoinette


Marie Antoinette - from Les Reines - Queens Series 2013

Mesdames et messieurss, in celebration of the upcoming International Women's Day on March 8th, I have decided to contribute in a very humble and amateurish way with a brand new series of drawings. The Reines- Queens illustration series are based on some lovely designs of women from the past who have reigned in many ways, not only politically but artistically.

Without much further ado, the first queen whose style and quirky dos have inspired the creation of this blog,  is the one and only, Marie Antoinette.

Just a simple drawing from my sketchbook and based on a portrait by Jean Baptiste Gautier Dagoty, here you have, Marie Antoinette. I have chosen for her gown, a very ecclectic combination of lilacs and mint, nutty and olive hues.Ha!.

This is of course a work-in-progress so it is more likely to change. However, I just couldn't wait to share it. I hope you like it as much as I do.



Comments

Popular Posts